Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Waiting For The Grands

Ron and I went shopping for a couple of gifts and more Christmas candy (half price!) this afternoon. Now all the gifts are wrapped and under the tree, candy is hidden, ready to fill the stockings of more grandchildren, and we bought a beef brisket for dinner either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Beds are made up in the guest rooms, and carpets vacuumed.


The electric candles are aglow in the windows, the tree is lit, the garland on the stairs is twinkling, and I'm ready to see my grands. :o) They should be here soon.

These are the little boxes I decoupaged with bits of wrapping paper to hold the earrings I made for Lyssa and Lily. Lys likes blue, so hers are the cobalt drops. Lily still loves pink, so I used little pearls and pink crystals for hers. The cards they are on are just snips of old Christmas cards.


I hope they will like the earrings. I used french hooks for Lyssa's, but studs with backs for Lily's, as I was afraid she would lose them if they were not secured. The earrings will be stocking stuffers. They are sitting on one of the stockings that Kelly and I made back in the 90s. The stockings are very simple, but look pretty on the mantel because there are so many of them. We used various prints in reds and greens. I had always planned to put names on them, but it's just as well we didn't since we've used them for lots of different people over the years. I just put a name tag on them each year.

Uh oh, I hear car doors.

3 comments:

Linda said...

The cobalt blue ones are particularly lovely. Very nice job... boxes too!

Easter Almuena said...

Hi Kalona,

I saw your post on Jean's blog...

You are one very creative lady! Merry Chrismas!

Kalona said...

Linda and Easter A., thank you both for your kind comments.

(They're here). :o)