Monday, December 1, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
blue sky, 60°, windy. The trees I can see are evergreen (live oak, cedar, mountain laurel), but the big river birch in the back yard is losing leaves fast (and they're going in the pool).

I am thinking...
about Father Kim.

I am thankful...
for him, and all our priests.


From the kitchen...
hummus and pita chips.

I am wearing...
blue jeans and a light blue, 3/4 length sleeve tee shirt with a medieval looking print and a few sparkles on it, bare feet (and they are cold).

I am creating...
pre-school activities for Reece.

I am going...
to Adoration and lunch with Mom.

I am hoping...
to organize my office today.

I am hearing...
the sound of the furnace coming on, the wind blowing outside.

Around the house...
dirty towels and sheets left from the kids' visit. Laundry is on the list today.

One of my favorite things...
Josh's smile.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
lunch with a friend tomorrow, an outing with Cyrise and the kids on Wednesday, a doctor appointment on Thursday, pondering Christmas decorating.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Yes, it's a menorah. No, I'm not Jewish. But it was so cute I could not resist buying it at the Goodwill store. It is called Village Jerusalem Menorah. I already had the candles. (Yes, I have another little menorah). :o)




I wrote this this morning, but didn't have a chance to post it before I had to leave.

Please visit Peggy at A Simple Woman to read more daybooks.

1 comment:

Sarah - Kala said...

Well, I'd buy one if I could find one as nice as that inexpensively. Those things are not cheaply come by. You can celebrate the Festival of Lights, Jesus did - go for it!

Happy Advent!!