Monday, December 1, 2008

Book Meme

K at Nine+Texans tagged me for the meme.

These are the rules:
Pass this on to 5 blogging friends. Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

A porous cartridge traps particles of sand, silt or rust that cause cloudy water. If an activated-charcoal cartridge is used, the filter can remove the objectionable taste and smell left by chlorine purification treatments.

More complex is the water softener (opposite), widely used where water is so hard that it reacts with bath soap to leave a ring of gray scum around tubs and lavatory basins. The softener removes the hardness from water by an exchange process.


:o)

3 comments:

H F J said...

*ahem* You forgot to tag five blogging friends. ;-)
And I must know... is this your book?

Kalona said...

Oops, I did forget to tag 5 friends. Okay, Ms. Lilder, you're tagged. :o) I bought the book, but I didn't have me in mind when I got it. It really belongs to my number one handyman.

Anonymous said...

Okay so I wasn't tagged but I couldn't resist doing this so I'm going to post it here as a comment to you (from The Languages of Tolkien's Middle-earth by Ruth S. Noel):

"They saw these lights in the sunless world and were strangely moved, crying, Ele! 'Behold!', from which exclamation came their word for the stars they revered ever afterward.

When the Vala Orome discovered the Elves, he called them Eldar 'of the stars' in their own tongue. However, that name was only retained by the Elves who began the Great Journey following Orome into the West."

:0)