Thursday, December 4, 2008

6 Things That Make Me Happy

Rosemary at A Catholic Mother's Thoughts has tagged me for the Six Things That Make Me Happy meme. Thanks, Rosemary!

According to the rules, I have to post six things that make me really happy ... and pass it on to give six more people a reason to be thankful!

Here are my six things:

1. The Latin Mass, with incense, altar bells, chant and receiving the Eucharist kneeling at the altar rail. Heaven. Literally. I love being Catholic.

2. My husband, children and grandchildren.

3. Birds. They are pretty, their songs are sweet and I like to watch how they act. I love the sound wild geese make when they fly over my house at night. I love the sound of hoot owls in the tree outside our house. Mockingbirds make me laugh with their constant stream of borrowed tunes, and the darling little wrens startle me with their loud, musical songs. Oh, and I can't forget the hummingbirds that visit us each year. They are just enchanting.

4. Friends in real life and on the internet.

5. Traveling. I like finding new places and trying new things. Having a military husband and living all over gave me a permanent case of wanderlust. It makes me restless to go somewhere sometimes.

6. Home. Sometimes when I've been away, or just out running around, I walk through the door with a big sigh of relief and whisper the word "home." No place else feels as nice.

I tag:
Angela at Where Angels Go
K at Nine+ Texans
Lilder at Umm, Where Am I?
Cay at A Cajun Cottage Under The Oaks
JOT at Ora and Labora
and
Linda at Don't Poke The Baby

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Nice answers. Thanks for playing.