Monday, December 15, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
it is windy, gray and 41°. Brr.

I am thinking...
about Christmas preparations, doctor appointments and my daughter-in-law's work schedule (when I'll have the grands).

I am thankful for...
the guys who pick up the trash, who are outside my house right now. They make our lives so much easier.


From the kitchen...

toast with apricot jam, hot tea.

I am wearing...
black jeans and a red sweater, brown lace-up boots (not barefoot for a change). :o)

I am creating...
a Christmas surprise for my daughter and daughters-in-law.

I am going...
to Mom's, to Adoration, quick stop for lunch, pick up Cyrise and the kids, drop her off at work, pick Josh up at work--I'll be running until after 3 PM.

I am hoping...
to get the lights working on the Christmas tree today.

I am hearing...
beautiful silence.

Around the house...
Maggie Cat trying to find a warm spot, laundry to do.

One of my favorite things...
vintage holy cards.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
thyroid uptake scan on Tuesday, the reading of the scan on Wednesday, a tree-trimming party on Thursday afternoon with Kelly, Cyrise and the kids, final Christmas shopping, gift wrapping.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...






















Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman to read more daybooks written by bloggers.

2 comments:

Anita Ann said...

Good day book. Life would be messy with the trash man.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Anita Ann. Yes, life is messy enough without having to deal with piles of trash. :o)