Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday Afternoon

I meant to take a picture of the mini loaves of bread Mom and I made for her neighbors today, but I forgot to take my camera to her place. This picture is similar to the ones we made, but the designs on the loaf pans are different, and the pans were more cream colored than white.

I bought six ceramic mini loaf pans at Garden Ridge, on sale for 50% off, so they were only 49¢ each. What a bargain! We used Martha White orange cranberry muffin mix, three packages for 69¢ each. It only made five loaves, but that was enough for her neighbors. They were delivered warm and everyone seemed to appreciate them. :o)

I came home and cleaned my kitchen and put away more boxes, ribbon and other Christmas clutter, getting ready for our second round of Christmas celebration.

Ron is designing a cabinet for me, using the glass sidelights from the front door we replaced last summer. When the guys took the old door out, I asked them to leave the sidelights and the little glass window that was in the door. Ron is a woodworker, and I knew that he could make something pretty using them. The sidelights are about 3 feet long, and have leaded glass and a stained glass flower design. They will go in the doors on the cabinet, which we've already decided will go in the front hallway. I can hardly wait for it to be finished! :o)

I hope you're all enjoying the Third Day of Christmas.

No comments: