Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Shopping, Mass and Grandkids

The weekend seemed to fly by! Reece spent the night Friday, went with me to see his Great-Gran Saturday morning, and I dropped him off at his house around 1PM. I spent most of the afternoon missing him.

Around 5PM I stopped moping around and went shopping. I needed colored lights for the garland on the banisters, candles and poinsettias. I went to Garden Ridge and Wal-Mart where I found those things and more. :o) Garden Ridge had all Christmas items on sale for at least 50% off. I got Christmas cards for next year at 75% off.

I stopped back by the house to drop off my purchases, told Ron I was on a roll, and went to the mall to try to finish my shopping for him, the grandkids and Mom. I got most of it done. I need just a few more things. Mom wants to go shopping tomorrow after Adoration, so I'll finish up then. I was on my way home when Ron called at 10:45 to say he was worried about me. He didn't know the stores were open until midnight. At least I didn't stay that long! :o)

Today we went to Mass with Mom, then out to eat. We left Mom's around 3PM and Josh called to see if I would keep the kids for a few hours. Of course I said yes, so we had Reece and Aubrey from around 4PM until 7:30. They both took short naps, then were happy and playful when they woke up. So the weekend ended on a cheerful note.

It's cold again, after a few mid-70 and 80 degree days, but that makes it feel more like Christmas I guess. I like the picture above, but the reality is that I don't like cold weather. Good thing I live where winters are mild most of the time!

No comments: