Monday, December 29, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

I'm doing an evening daybook today, since I didn't have time to blog this morning.

Outside my window...
the sun is setting. The sky is pale blue with a light golden edge and pink, purple and orange streaks. The trees are dark against the gold.

I am thinking...
about what I need to do to finish preparations for our visit from our grandchildren from Spring. They will be here tomorrow night. Yay!

I am thankful for...
money found to help Josh get the clutch on his car repaired.

From the kitchen...

peach iced tea on my desk.

I am wearing...
dark blue bootcut jeans, a denim shirt with little gathers under a wide round yoke and three quarter sleeves, bare feet. It's warm today. I love Texas.

I am creating...
cute little decoupaged boxes to hold the earrings I made for my granddaughters.

I am going...
I've already been. I went to Mom's, we went to Adoration which was lovely, then ran by her bank to deposit a check (Christmas gift from my sister to Mom), then to Freddie's Frozen Custard for lunch (Freddie's original burger and onion rings for her, Chicago dog and fries for me). After lunch we went to Burlington Coat Factory where she spent some of the money from her grandson in Kansas on a cute hat, then to Macy's where she bought a pair of shoes (gray flats), and a stylish black sweater coat. We had fun. I took her home, set up her coffee pot to make coffee in the morning, left her night meds and Chuy's food, wrote on her whiteboard, kissed her goodbye and came home.

I am hoping...
for a peaceful, healthy, happy 2009 for all of you and for me and my family.

I am hearing...
Ron clearing his throat downstairs, the sound of the television.

Around the house...
more gifts to wrap for our "second Christmas," beds to make in the guest rooms, and I need to go grocery shopping.

One of my favorite things...
Maggie's purr, very deep and very rare.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
celebrating Christmas again with our Spring grands and the rest of the family on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

















Sleepy Aubrey.

Visit Peggy to lean more about the daybooks.

8 comments:

X said...

Kalona, I just read your conversion story! Wow! I laughed, I cried. I am so happy you found your way to the Fullness of Truth.

Also, the Green Scapular - I think you answered one of my prayers...I need to get some!!!!!

Kalona said...

Angela, thank you so much for your comment and for reading my story. Sometimes I look back and just marvel at the way God works in our lives, in spite of ourselves. :o)

I'll be praying for the recipients of your green scapulars. †

Linda said...

Creepy...I too was wearing a light denim/blue blouse with wide round gathered colar and 3/4 sleeves in warm TX. :o)

Ohh and Chuy's is my fave!

Linda said...

I just read your conversion story; how wonderful! My mother pinned the green scapular to my father's pillow during his last year. You know what happened!
I also enjoyed your Cherokee page. I am proud of my Cherokee heritage, even though my blood is more diluted than yours. :o)

I am hoping you can email me some information about churches and Masses in San Antonio? I'll be there a few times early next year.
Blessings and peace to you.

Kalona said...

Linda, that is funny that we were wearing similar blouses yesterday in the warm Texas weather. :o) Did you get yours at Dress Barn?

Chuy in my Mom's case is her little cairn terrier. :o) He is fat, so I keep his food and take it to him in the morning and evening. I'm afraid it isn't working, though. Mom still feeds him whatever she eats during the day.

The green scapular is powerful, isn't it? Wonderful that it worked for your dad. Thanks for reading my story.

I'll email you about churches in SA.

Adrienne said...

What a beautiful child!

I lived in Houston for 17 years and we loved going to San Antonio to party. That was before I became a "nice" person - well, ok, I'm still trying to be "nice"

Kalona said...

Thanks, Adrienne. She's a sweet, good baby, too.

I'm sure you were a nice person, even in your partying days. I think most of us have some kind of a past to live down, right? I never thought it was possible that a regular person could ever be holy, or a saint, until I became Catholic. I have a long way to go, but at least I know where the path is. ;o)

Linda said...

Haha.. I got my blouse at a garage sale!
Oops! I think I knew that was your mom's dog, but in haste thought of the Mexican food!