Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Talk

I got distracted yesterday (Tuesday), and never posted this. Now I've added a picture and will post it on Wednesday. So, from yesterday:

I've been to Mom's and to Bath and Body Works to exchange something, and in a few minutes I'll go pick up Reece to come and spend the night.

Mom had a 24 hour bug of some kind, probably the flu. She was sick during the night and all day yesterday, but was feeling better today, thank goodness! I sure hope the vitamin D3 I've been taking protects me from catching it.

Ron and I had dinner at Genghis Grill Saturday afternoon, and had the grandkids Saturday night while Josh and Cyrise were on the Riverwalk. They picked them up Sunday afternoon, and then Ron and I left to go pick up Mom. We met Sandi and Mom at a hamburger place in Bastrop, about halfway between SA and Bryan/College Station. We had a late lunch with them--great burgers at a place called The Roadhouse.

I gave Sandi the red beaded necklace I made, and she loved it. :o) It looks beautiful on her, with her coloring.

Mom had a wonderful time staying at Sandi's while we were in Florida. She got to spend time with Kori and Jonah, who also came to visit that week. Sandi's apartment is absolutely beautiful; she has made it very much her own with her usual wonderful style. It looks like something from a decorating magazine.

We got Mom home around 6 PM and got her things unpacked and put away. She was feeling fine when we left, but the next day (Monday) when I got there, she was so very sick. She said she had been up most of the night. :o( I know Reece will want to go over there tomorrow, but I don't want to expose him to any virus, so I'm not planning to take him with me tomorrow.

Speaking of Reece, it's time for me to pick him up! We're going to make chocolate chip cookies tonight (the kind in the tube).

No comments: