Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Tuesday Daybook

Outside my window...
the most gorgeous view of the bay, blue water, tall pine trees, a long pier. But it is cold. There is ice on one of the fountains, and the employees here say they have never seen that before. There are gulls and other sea birds flying out over the water, and some little diving ducks along the shore.

I am thankful...
to be here in this beautiful place. I almost didn't come.


I am wearing...
jeans, a red sweater, black shoes and socks, my crucifix and sacred heart medal.

I am remembering...
other places and other times near the ocean. I love it.

I am going...
exploring. I'll look all around the hotel and go outside to take a walk on the long pier.

I am reading...
Jolie Blon's Bounce, by James Lee Burke. It's a mystery that my daughter loaned me. Her husband is from New Iberia, and the story takes place there. Escapism literature. :o)

On my mind...
finding a place to buy "presents" for my grands. I asked Jake if he wanted me to buy him a shirt that says, "My gramma went to Florida and all I got was this damn t-shirt," and he said, "Yes!" (Don't worry, that's not what I'm getting him). :o)

From the learning rooms...
we're on vacation.

Pondering these words...

On the first day of the week, a psalm for David. The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof: the world and all that dwell therein. For he hath founded it upon the seas; and hath prepared it upon the rivers. Who shall ascend into the mountain of the Lord: or who shall stand in his holy place? The innocent in hands, and clean of heart, who hath not taken his soul in vain, nor sworn deceitfully to his neighbour. He shall receive a blessing from the Lord, and Mercy from God his Saviour.

This is the generation of them that seek him, of them that seek the face of the God of Jacob. Lift up your gates, O ye princes, and be ye lifted up, O eternal gates: and the King of Glory shall enter in. Who is this King of Glory? the Lord who is strong and mighty: the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your gates, O ye princes, and be ye lifted up, O eternal gates: and the King of Glory shall enter in. Who is this King of Glory? the Lord of hosts, he is the King of Glory.
Psalm 23

He is the King of Glory. I pray that we may be those in verse 4, innocent in hands, clean of heart, not taking his soul in vain or lying to one another.

From the kitchen....
no cooking for me for the week--yay! The hotel has complimentary continental breakfast for platinum members. I had cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, a bagel with cream cheese, coffee and OJ this morning.

Around the house...
empty and quiet there. We left Maggie at home, with plenty of food, but Josh will be going over to check on her during the week. The puppies are at the pet hotel where we left them in September. The girl who checked them in remembered them and was so happy to see them again. They seemed to remember her, too.

One of my favorite things...
the blue color of the sky and ocean.

From my picture album...



The view from our balcony; isn't it pretty? That's the fountain with the ice at the bottom of the picture.

Please visit Peggy to see more daybooks.

No comments: