Monday, January 18, 2010

An Evening Daybook

Outside my window...
It's dark out now. After a rather ugly, gray start, it turned out to be a beautiful day.

I am thankful...
that January is more than half gone. I can't wait for Spring!

I am wearing...
jeans, blue print 3/4 sleeve tee shirt, black socks.

I am remembering...
how my grandpa called all of his granddaughters "Sis," and would always take up for us if we got in trouble.

I am going...
I went to Mom's today, but was home for the rest of the day. Ron and Josh were replacing a door at Josh's house, and they brought Reece over this afternoon. He stayed here with me, and we went for a nice long walk, enjoying the warm weather.

I am reading...
blogs and political stuff that makes my head hurt. People do seem to be coming to their senses a bit, though.

On my mind...
getting the house really clean, finding shelves for Reece's closet to put his toys on, cleaning up the yard.

From the learning rooms...
The name of the next lesson is "Let's eat out!" We'll talk about different kinds of foods, restaurants and bakeries, how things are made (pizza), and the miracle of the loaves and fishes. We'll practice grouping, learn about whole, half, quarter, and equal sets. And do some puzzles. :o) And of course we will cook or bake.

Pondering these words...
I received a message yesterday at Mass, as I knelt to pray after Communion. The message was "Pray the Rosary."

I was deeply immersed in my prayer, telling God what He already knows, and asking for His help. As I silently cried out to Him, "Lord, what should I do?" I "heard" Him so clearly. "Sharon. Pray the Rosary."

I have been neglecting my prayers.

From the kitchen....
I made pan-seared butterflied pork chops, broccoli and sweet potato for supper. I deglazed the pan with a little sherry and a bit of apple juice, brushing the resulting glaze on the chops to give them delicious flavor.

Around the house...
the whole house needs a good, thorough cleaning. That's my goal for the week while Ron is out of town.

One of my favorite things...
Candlelight. Kelly gave me some wonderful candles for Christmas, and I'm enjoying them so much.

From my picture album...




Reece enjoyed being outdoors today. He said, "Do you wanna play an outdoor game, Gramma?" :o)


Here he is on the front porch.














And in front of a neighbor's house, saying hello to one of their lion statues. He yikes yions. :o)

Please visit Peggy to read the daybooks of other bloggers.

2 comments:

X said...

Kalona - I LOVE your hair! And I always love seeing pics of the "grands"!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Angela! I'd have nothing much to post if I couldn't post about my grands. :o)