Monday, January 11, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
a very cold January morning. I really dislike winter.

I am thankful...
I started writing things I'm thankful for, and the list went on and on this morning. My heart is overflowing with gratitude for all of my blessings.

I am wearing...
jeans, long sleeved navy blue t-shirt.

I am remembering...
a most special day at Ft. Hood, Texas 39 years ago.

I am going...
to Mom's. We will probably go grocery shopping.

I am reading...
nothing at the moment.

On my mind...
getting back into the groove around here.

From the learning rooms...
I haven't even looked at the next lesson, but will do that later today and get prepared so that when Reece is here tomorrow night we can work on something.

Pondering these words...
The reading from Morning Prayer:
If anyone is unwilling to work, neither should that one eat. We hear that some are conducting themselves among you in a disorderly way, by not keeping busy but minding the business of others. Such people we instruct and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to work quietly and to eat their own food. But you, brothers, do not be remiss in doing good.

From the kitchen....
Beef stew for supper tonight.

Around the house...
laundry from our trip, general straightening and cleaning. I'm not sure if I want to go ahead and take the tree and decorations down, or leave them until Candlemas, February 2.

One of my favorite things...
Chicory coffee with real cream and sugar in a pretty cup.

From my picture album...

A serious Camryn in her little knit hat. She is such a sweet baby!

Please visit Peggy to read more daybooks.

2 comments:

Therese said...

oh Camryn is growing so fast. She is a gorgeous baby Kalona.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Therese! She is a little sweetheart.