Friday, January 29, 2010

Beads To Remember Florida

When we were in Florida we shopped at a bead store near our hotel. The man who ran it had trade beads from all over the world. It was an interesting place.

I bought a string of Russian Serpentine beads and some little brass turtles. He said he bought the turtles from "a hippie store that was going out of business." :o)













I wanted something to remind me of our trip and the ocean. I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet, but today I put them on the bead board with a few other beads and I'm thinking about it. I don't know yet if I want to make a necklace or a bracelet. I wear bracelets and earrings more than I wear necklaces, but I'm kind of leaning toward a necklace. Oh well, I'll think about it some more.











Reece and Aubrey will be here to spend the night soon, so I'd better put the beads away and get ready for them.

No comments: