Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday with Reece

It's been a chilly, gray, rainy day, but Reece was with us last night and this morning, so there has been a bright spot in the day. :o)

These pictures were taken last night, after we made cookies and had dinner.

He had fun playing with his Cars and watching videos on my laptop. We also drew on the white board, and practiced writing his name, sort of. He loved erasing things more than writing, and when he wanted to erase something, he would say, "I'll vacuum the tree, Gramma." Or I'll vacuum the R, Gramma." I would say, "Okay," and he would proceed to erase whatever he had named.




He said the markers were microphones, and liked pretending we were singing into them. I loved his belly laugh when I was singing and he would grab my "microphone." I would snatch up another one and continue my song, leaning toward him. For some reason he thought that was just hilarious. :o)

At bedtime, he wasn't ready to go to sleep. We read some stories, but when I turned off the light he kept talking. Papa finally got up and went in the other room to sleep. :o)

Just as I was drifting off, Reece said, "Gramma, I yike Carl's, Jr." I said, "I know, Reece. Now go to sleep."

Silence for a minute. Then, "Gramma, I wove cupcakes." "I know, Honey. Now go to sleep."

More silence. "Gramma, we go downstairs, pway Radiator Springs?" "No Reece, it's time to go to sleep." "Awww, why not?" "Because it's night time. Time for sleep."

Quiet. Maybe he is going to sleep.

"Gramma? We go see Gwate Gwan tomorrow?" "Yes Baby, we will. Now go to sleep."

Quiet. Then the cat jumps up on the bed.

"That was the cat." "Yes, that was just Maggie." "Okay. Night night, Maggie."

Then he sits up and looks at Maggie. And so it went until after midnight!

He finally went to sleep, and early this morning just before the alarm went off, he was laughing in his sleep. I wonder what funny thing he was dreaming about? :o)

He did go with me to see Great Gran. They had not seen each other since New Year's Day, and both of them were delighted to be able to play together again. I hardly saw them, as Reece always takes her into the bedroom and they sit on the floor to play with his cars or whatever toys he has brought with him.

Mom had taken down her Christmas decorations, so I spent the time putting them away in her closet. Then I reorganized her closet and made her some lunch.





Reece was ready for lunch by the time we left, and always wants McDonald's, so we stopped there on the way to his house. We got Aubrey a Happy Meal, too. She was happy to see us when we got there, and looked so cute in the little pink long-sleeved onesie and brown corduroy overalls I got her for Christmas.

And so it goes, my life as Gramma. I love it!

1 comment:

Sarah - Kala said...

I can tell you love being a gran. I do look forward to those days . . . . should I be so blessed!