Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

Our third day in Florida is nearly at an end. The first picture is of the sunrise this morning from our balcony. So pretty.













It was another cold day, but very sunny and pretty. The ice on the fountain melted away by lunch time.

I read my book until I felt sleepy, then I took another nap after the maid left. Ron called just before noon to say that he had a long lunch break and was on his way to pick me up.











We stopped at a little barbecue place on the way to Tyndall Air Force Base where they had the best ribs and sauce! We sat in the car and ate our lunch, then drove on to the AFB. Ron dropped me at the BX (base exchange) to shop while he went back to the conference. I wandered around and bought a few things before he came to get me.





He was at Tyndall last year during a hurricane, and drove me around to show me where he had worked then. We hoped some of the jets would take off (we were next to the flight line), but none did.

We came back to the hotel, arriving just as the sun was setting again. We walked to the pier and I was taking a picture of this bird when I noticed that he had a fishing line hanging out of his mouth.










He came quite close to me, and I told Ron I think he wanted me to help him. But he wouldn't come close enough, so there was nothing I could do. :o(





I took a lot of shots of the sunset from the pier and from our balcony, but you just can't capture the beauty of the real thing. The colors were gorgeous!

We watched a scary Will Smith movie, I Am Legend, this evening. Well, I watched and Ron alternately watched and surfed the web.

Neither of us was hungry since we ate lunch rather late, so we decided to just have snacks tonight. We can go out later if we get hungry.

I called to check on the puppies this afternoon, and they are doing great. The guy I spoke with said they are so much fun. He likes how they play with each other. He said they were eating everything they were given, and doing everything else they should. I'm glad the people there like them so much. It gives me such peace of mind.

Tomorrow is our last full day here. We will fly home on Friday. I've loved being here, but I'll be ready to go home on Friday. One more day of reading, napping, taking pictures, and eating out. I plan to thoroughly enjoy it.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Besides - your pincushion is lonely!

I am so glad you are getting some rest and enjoying yourself. Bless you...

Kalona said...

Thanks, Adrienne. Yeah, gotta get back to that lonely pincushion. :o)