Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday With Reece

Reece and I went out to eat yesterday evening, going along with our lesson theme. He wanted to go to I-Hop, so that's where we went. He ordered the chocolate happy face pancake and a Sprite, all on his own, pointing out to the waiter exactly what he wanted on his little place mat. But when the pancake came, he didn't want to eat it! He just wanted to look at it. He did finally eat some of it, and we brought the rest home with us. He ate most of it later.

After supper we stopped at Wal-Mart because he wanted a toy. We walked through every aisle of the toy section, and he chose a Lego set that has a little fireman and a rescue truck and trailer. We put them together when we got home and he played with it most of the evening, along with his other cars.

He could hardly wait to go to Great Gran's this morning. He wanted to take his Cars cars and his Radiator Springs rug. When we got there he immediately pulled Gran into the bedroom to play. I put the rug down and they played "Radiator Springs" nearly the entire time we were there. Gran enjoyed it as much as Reece did! :o)

Of course we made our usual McDonald's stop on the way home, but this time we went inside to have lunch instead of going through the drive-thru because his parents were not at home yet. After we ate I asked him if he wanted to play on the playground there, and he said he did. I don't know whether he has ever done that before; he didn't seem to know what to do at first. He stood and watched the other kids for awhile, and I asked if he wanted to go up into the tunnels and he said no. I asked if he wanted me to go with him, and he said yes, so I went climbing through the playground with him. When we got to the top we sat in a little cubicle and looked out the windows. Some other little boys came in and looked so surprised to see a Gramma up there! :o) But they all talked to me and Reece, and pretty soon he was playing with them, too. He had fun, and I loved watching him play.

When it was time to go he got a little upset that I was taking him home instead of back to my house, but once we got there he was okay.

After dropping him off, I came home and haven't done much of anything worthwhile all afternoon. I'm going to run to the grocery store to pick up some things for Mom in a little bit. Ron is in Colorado this week, so it's just me, Maggie and the puppies here.

No comments: