Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday With Reece

Well, that was weird. My keyboard wouldn't work at all this morning. I had vacuumed underneath my desk, so checked to see if it had come unplugged. It had. So I plugged it back in, but it still wouldn't come on. I tried turning the computer off and on, but nothing worked.

This afternoon I came in and turned the computer on, and a little note from my anti-virus program popped up and said that not all of my programs were turned on. When I clicked on a box to turn them on, the keyboard started working again. Computers just confuse me.

Anyway, I felt as if I'd lost my voice, not being able to type or respond to email. Whatever happened, I'm glad it's fixed again.

Reece was with me overnight. He wanted oreos and coke for breakfast. I offered cereal--no go. I offered scrambled eggs and bacon--nope. I offered strawberry yogurt and oatmeal bread toast--uh uh. I offered waffles with syrup--no no. So, figuring oreos can't be much worse than waffles with syrup, I gave him oreos. I draw the line at coke for breakfast, though. He refused milk (even chocolate milk), so he got apple juice.

Later he had more fun digging through a cardboard box of old toys in one of the spare rooms. I loved watching him pull out and examine each toy, talking to himself about it and either holding it or tossing it into a reject pile.

I've been busy decluttering and cleaning. Speaking of which, I'd better get back to it.

One little political note. I think that Obama urged Congress to not look into the Ft. Hood shooting right now because he does not want their attention on anything other than the health care bill. And I think he takes a trip somewhere every time he wants to deflect our attention from what is going on at home (the health care bill), which his jaunt to Asia has done.

2 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I think you are spot on with your political note. He's a sneak, like Golum.

That Reese is so dern cute!!!

Kalona said...

Thanks, Sarah! Yes, he is a sneak.

Reece did not want me to take pictures of him today. I wanted to take one of him sitting in the cat's bed in the sunshine, but he got out when I went to get the camera, and refused to get in again. So I took one while he was distracted, pretending a necklace was a train. :o)