Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday With Reece

Reece spent the night last night. Josh had the truck, so Reece and I walked over to a nearby hamburger place for supper. I had a hamburger and Reece had a hot dog.

It was dark as we walked, and he held tightly to my hand most of the way. Nothing feels so sweet as holding the little hand of a grandchild.

He is the best dinner companion ever. He talks to me and makes me laugh. He points out things I would never notice. The place we were in had pictures of old cars, and he studied one of the pictures for a minute and then said, "Who's dat? Doc?" At first I thought he was talking about the guy that was sitting in the booth near the picture, but when I saw the picture I immediately realized that he was talking about the car. It looked like Doc Hudson in the Cars movie! I told him yes, I thought that was Doc. :o)

After supper we walked back to the house and made a chocolate cake. Of course he put in all the ingredients while standing on a chair at the kitchen counter. He also held the little old hand mixer (with just a little help) that used to belong to my mother-in-law. He loves to bake. When the cake was cool and ready to frost, Reece just wanted to eat the frosting. We took cake to his great-gran this morning.

We worked on his homeschool stuff, making a day and night poster, playing a game about different times of day, and playing with a paper train with the days of the week. We learned a little poem and finger play about a little boy going to sleep at night. We played with his Duplo blocks, building a house and some crazy cars and then watched a couple of Wubbzy videos. At bedtime we read Gregory's Shadow (twice), Goodnight, Owl! (three times!), and Clocks And More Clocks (once)--all books that have to do with our "time" theme.

This morning his daddy brought the truck and we went to visit Great-Gran. Aubrey was thrilled to see Reece when he got home. They love to make each other laugh.

This afternoon I returned some library books (couldn't check out anything new because the library was closed for Veteran's Day), did some training with the puppies, worked on the pool, cleaned up the kitchen and spent some time working on the red necklace. It's almost finished. I'll have to figure out what kind of clasp I want to put on it.

No comments: