Monday, November 2, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

November 2, 2009

Outside my window...
a beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky, 54° right now, but supposed to get to 77°. I'm really enjoying the cooler weather.

I am thinking...
it's November already. The holidays are almost upon us!

I am thankful for...
Sister and Katy's recovery from parvo.

I am wearing...
jeans, a purple t-shirt, bare feet.

I am remembering...
what a lovely weekend it was, being with Josh and his family on Halloween, Mass with Mom on Sunday, then spending the afternoon at a bead show with Kelly.

I am going...
to Mom's and to run a few errands.

I am reading...
still reading Father Brown, a new Birds And Blooms magazine.

I am hoping...
to go to Austin on Friday to meet up with the Tea Party Express.

On my mind...
paying bills today, and getting my craft table in order so that I can work in here.

From the learning rooms...
the theme of the week is "It's About Time." Reece will learn about how the Earth turns, light and darkness, days of the week, clocks and the seasons. A trip to the library is in order.

Noticing that...
I'm going to be needing a few new clothes for the cooler weather.

Pondering these words...
Today is All Soul's Day, a good day to pray and ponder these words:
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

From the kitchen...
Ron is gone again, so not much will be coming from the kitchen. I don't cook when I'm the only one here.

Around the house...
lots of cleaning to do. I didn't do a thing around here over the weekend.

One of my favorite things...
email and pictures from people I love.

From my picture album...



Breakfast.












Please visit Peggy's site to see the daybooks of other bloggers.

No comments: