Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Contentment

We had the best time yesterday evening. Jason and Kismette wanted to take me out to dinner for my birthday, and told me to choose a place. I wanted the grandchildren to go, too, so I chose Cici's Pizza. :o) So six adults and seven children crowded into a back corner at Cici's and I so loved watching them interacting with one another and enjoying themselves.

The kids liked being able to choose their own pizza, pasta and dessert and they all ate quite a bit. They kept us entertained, and our two sons and two daughters-in-law got a chance to visit with one another.

After dinner we all came back to the house. There is nothing quite so wonderful as a room full of people who love each other talking and laughing. Caelen (13) told Chuck Norris jokes and was so sweet and gentle with Camryn (6 months). Aubrey showed off for us, walking and clowning around. The two older girls, Lyssa and Lily, enjoyed playing with the little kids--Reece, Jacob and the baby girls. I loved holding Camryn and seeing her sweet smile whenever anyone talked to her or played with her. Josh went out and played with the puppies. The little kids got into the dog kennel, which must have been great fun because they didn't want to get out. :o)

Earlier in the day I heated up the hot tub, and Jacob and the girls (Lyssa and Lily) got in for a couple of hours. While they were outside, I had a chance to clean up the family room and kitchen and the puppies had a nap in their kennel. (If I had left them outside they would have been in the water with the kids).

Reece spent the night again. We don't want him to miss out on any time with his cousins. He objected mightily to going home yesterday afternoon to take a nap, but he needed it and was in a good mood later.

I'm having a wonderful Thanksgiving/birthday week!

2 comments:

Therese said...

happy birthday Kalona.

I am so glad you had a wonderful celebration and hope your thanksgiving is great too.

Linda said...

Thankful for your birthday! And happy birthing day to your mom.