Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Great Gran On A Windy Day

This is my 83 year old mom with three of her great grandchildren this morning. We had taken her dog, Teddy, for a walk, and they were all sitting in the little gazebo at her apartment complex. It was very windy and a bit chilly, but they were having a great time.




Here they are, walking up the hill from the gazebo. Lily is in the lead, with Teddy on his leash, then Jacob, Reece, and Great Gran bringing up the rear.

My dad, who died shortly before his 72nd birthday, never got to see any of my grandchildren. It is one of those little heartaches in life. So I am very, very thankful that my mom is able to get to know her great-grandchildren. They all love her so much, and she's crazy about every one of them.

These not very good pictures are mostly for those who love Gran and don't get to see her often since her move to Texas--a little peek into her life.

PS: Y'all can leave a comment, even if you're not a member of Blogger. I know a lot of family reads the blog, but never comments. We would love it if you would!

3 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

They are all (including great gran) darling! ;) Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Sarah! I hope that you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving, also.

Kelly said...

Such a cute picture and Gran looks SO happy. I love her soooo much and can't wait to see her tomorrow. I love that the kiddos like to go see her and enjoy taking walks with her and Teddy.