Monday, November 9, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

November 9, 2009

Outside my window...
blue skies, sunshine, 70° and everything is still green. It's nice after the gloomy, rainy day we had yesterday.

I am thinking...
I'm ready for Ron to be home.

I am thankful for...
good priests.

I am wearing...
denim capris, a gray physical therapy t-shirt, bare feet, one red earring. I forgot to take the earrings off last night, and must have lost the other one while sleeping.

I am remembering...
my dad, and all the other veterans who have served and are serving our country. (Wednesday is Veteran's Day).

I am going...
just to Mom's, I think. I went grocery shopping for her last night; she will be happy. :o)

I am reading...
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. Kinda scary, kinda funny.

I am hoping...
to finish the red necklace this week.

On my mind...
worried about the health care bill that was passed by the house, and that the Stupak amendment only gave the pro-life democrats a reason to vote for it, and now the other democrats will try to find a way to remove it from the bill. I do not want to pay for anyone's abortion or their contraception, for that matter.

From the learning rooms...
still concentrating on learning about time: clocks, day and night, seasons, days of the week.

Noticing that...
I need a haircut.

Pondering these words...
Sometimes I get so discouraged by my failure to be what God wants me to be. One of the prayers I pray often is that God will help me to think, say and do what He wants me to think, do and say. My total failure to do His will has been weighing heavily on me.

But yesterday at Mass, the Introit was from Jeremiah 29. It says, "The Lord saith: I think thoughts of peace, and not of affliction: you shall call upon Me, and I will hear you; and I will bring back your captivity from all places." I think being in sin is a kind of captivity.

Then the Collect said: "O Lord, we beseech Thee, absolve Thy people from their offences, that through Thy bountiful goodness, we may be freed from the bonds of those sins, which by frailty we have commited..."

And the Gradual: "Thou hast saved us, O Lord, from them that afflict us: and hast put them to shame that hate us. In God we will glory all the day long: and in Thy Name we will give praise forever. Alleluia, alleluia. Out of the depths I have cried to Thee, O Lord: Lord, hear my voice. Alleluia."

The Communion verse: "Amen I say to you, whatsoever you ask when you pray, believe that you shall receive and it shall be done to you."

And the Postcommunion verse: "O God almighty, we beseech Thee, do not leave to succumb to human dangers those who from Thee have had the happiness of being partakers of the divine nature."

It seemed that with every verse God was speaking to me, assuring me that despite my sinfulness He still loves me and will help me. The words I am holding close to my heart today are the ones I bolded. Even when I feel like I'm sinking because of my sinfulness, God hears my prayers and cries for help, and comes to my aid. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, One God, now and forever! Amen

From the kitchen...
Mint Milanos.

Around the house...
I had to wait until this morning to pick up all the stuffing the puppies scattered all over the yard because it was raining most of the day yesterday. It took me about half an hour to get it all cleaned up. Today is trash day, so all the bags of stuffing and other trash from the house are on the curb, waiting for the garbage truck. I need to vacuum and wash sheets and towels today.

One of my favorite things...
the way the air smells in the pine woods in Colorado.

From my picture album...






Mom, Reece and Teddy in front of her apartment patio last week.







Please visit Peggy's site for more daybooks and to join the fun.

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your post. The picture you shared is wonderful. I pray you will learn to walk in the Spirit and you will never fail in your Christian walk. Have a wonderful week. Doylene