Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Tuesday Daybook

November 24, 2009

Outside my window...
chilly but clear, and windy.

I am thinking...
that I love hearing the voices of Reece and Jacob talking and playing.


I am thankful...

that my family is gathering for Thanksgiving. Jason and his family are here for the week, and everyone will be here on Thursday.

I am also thankful for time with Kelly yesterday. She took me out to lunch for my birthday, gave me some gorgeous green earrings she made, a sweet card, and then bought me some pansies for my front yard flowerbed.

I am wearing...
blue jeans and purple tee shirt, bare feet.

I am remembering...
past Thanksgiving weeks, sometimes happy and sometimes not so much, but always grateful for our blessings, which are abundant.

I am going...
I'll take some of the Grands with me to visit Great Gran in a little while, then I have a few errands to run.

I am reading...
Christmas catalogs.

On my mind...

to remind Josh and Cyrise to take the turkey out of their freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw.

That I need to find time to take Lily and Reece shopping for birthday presents. They were not here for their birthdays, so we shared a birthday cake yesterday, and I promised a shopping trip while they are here.

From the learning rooms...
taking a break for Thanksgiving week. Reece is so delighted to have his cousins here! He learns a lot just from being with them. :o)

Noticing that...
my feet are freezing!

Pondering these words...
Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done.
C. S. Lewis

Isn't that the truth?

From the kitchen...
I made P-Dub's White Chicken Enchiladas for dinner yesterday. They were a huge hit with everyone. I made a double recipe.

This morning Reece wanted cookies, so we baked some Toll House slice and bakes. Then he gave his cookies a personality, seeing happy and sad faces in them, and played with them instead of eating them. Jake ate his, though, and asked for milk to go with them. :o)

Around the house...
A bit cluttered with grandkid games, toys and clothes.

One of my favorite things...
hearing them all laughing together.

From my picture album...
I'll post a picture later if I get a chance. Okay, it's later...
I took Lily, Jacob and Reece with me to Mom's, and we all took Teddy for a walk. The boys were ahead of us by quite a bit, and I told them to wait at the edge of the parking lot until we caught up. Here they are waiting. Jake put his arm around Reece to make sure he waited and didn't run into the parking lot. Is this not the sweetest picture ever? :o)

Be sure to check out other daybooks at Peggy's site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to copy this one for sure!I LOVE it!! :)