Monday, November 2, 2009

This Makes Me Mad!

Some lower-than-pond-scum SOB stole my mother's doormat. What kind of creep steals a doormat from a sweet old woman?

It has been in front of her apartment door for two years, ever since she moved here. It was a gift from my youngest sister, and Mom had it for several years at her home in Kansas. It's rubber, and looks like the one in the picture.

What makes me so angry is not just that someone took the doormat, but that anyone would steal anything from my mother. It makes her feel unsafe.

I'm having trouble feeling any charity toward the thief, and when I try to pray for him (or her), it comes out like this:

Dear Lord, please change the heart of the person who stole from Mom. And let him trip over the doormat and knock out a couple of teeth. Amen

3 comments:

Therese said...

oh Kalona.

That would make me mad too and I would be praying a similar prayer. Prayers for who ever took it.

Sarah - Kala said...

same feelings here.
I can't imagine someone who would take a door mat would really be the kind of person who has a front door (house, that is) to tuck it under. The scoundrel!

Linda said...

You can add to that prayer, "If it be your will, Lord." lol
I'm sorry this happened. I know what you mean about the feeling of safety; I have been the victim a few times. Someone went behind me and stole from my car when I was taking my baby into our apartment after grocery shopping. I know that feeling all too well.....