Saturday, November 7, 2009

St. Mary's Cathedral, Austin, Texas

As Kelly and I were walking to the Capitol building from the parking garage, we looked down a street and saw this beautiful church on the corner. Kelly knows that I have to go into every gorgeous Catholic church I see, so she asked if I wanted to go visit it, and of course I did.














First though we wanted to find out where we could get something to eat, so we stopped in the visitor's center on the Capitol grounds. A very nice man there gave us all kinds of information and loaded us up with maps and brochures. :o)














We walked down to Congress Avenue and a couple of blocks from the Capitol grounds we found a Quizno's, where we had lunch. After we ate, we headed back up the street to the church we had seen and discovered that it is Austin's cathedral, St. Mary's.














It was beautiful, quiet and empty inside except for Jesus, us and one other woman. I figure if I drag Kelly into enough Catholic churches and pray in front of enough tabernacles that she will finally convert some day. :o)

That is my prayer and the desire of my heart. Amen.








No comments: