Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Waiting....

Phooey. Most likely there will be no stem cell harvest tomorrow. The doctor came in while I was getting chemo (Rituxan) this morning and said my white cell count is at its nadir (lowest point) right now. He thinks it will be a couple of days before it rebounds. I've been doing the Neupogen shots since last week, but nothing keeps you from "bottoming out" after chemo. I'll have to go back to the hospital early every morning to check my white cell count, and when it reaches the proper level, they will keep me for the stem cell harvest.

The doctor said it's not unusual that we can't start on the date we wanted; it all depends on how a person's body reacts. In fact, I met another lady in the waiting room who was supposed to start her harvest today, and she has to wait too, for the same reason.

The chemo took about 3 hours, and I left the hospital around 1 PM. After stopping to pick up lunch, I went to Mom's for an hour, then came home. The puppies were glad to see me, and glad to get inside, out of the heat.

Now I'm settling in for a quiet evening and night. I'll be glad when Ron gets home on Friday.

Photo credit, Bellator Dei.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

We're all waiting "with" you...

Prayers

Sarah Oldham said...

Still praying . . . like Adrienne says, "waiting with you". God bless, chickie. Hang in there.