Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Good Day!

This photo is from earlier in the summer. I love it.

I had such a lovely Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Of course you know why--Reece was here! :o) And I am feeling good, too.

Ron left around 7 PM to go to his sleep study yesterday, and about half an hour later Josh called, on his way home from Seguin where he had been working. We talked for awhile, and then I asked him if Reece could come and spend the night with me.

Josh brought him over around 8:30 PM, and we were very happy to see each other. We stayed up late so that we could play, then we slept in this morning.

I told him that I have been listening to my special music when I go to sleep, and asked if he would like to hear it, too. When I turned it on, he got such a gorgeous smile on his face, then he put his head down on the pillow and grinned. He really, really loved the chant! This morning when we woke up, he said, "The music stopped." I asked if he wanted to hear it again, and he did.

Ron went straight to work from the sleep study this morning, then came and picked us up at lunch time. We took fast food to Great Gran's. She told me yesterday that she was missing Reece, so she was delighted when he walked in. They sat together at her counter while they ate lunch and Reece had her drawing all kinds of pictures for him. They make me smile.

Ron will not have the results of the sleep study for a week to ten days. He said it was like staying in a nice hotel room, and that he went to sleep around 10 PM, but didn't sleep very well. He had all kinds of sensors and wires attached to his body. They came in sometime during the night to ask him to put on one of those C-Pap things.

While we were at Gran's, Reece asked me if we could get candy from Walgreens. He put his hands on my cheeks and got close to my face and said, "Gramma, can we get candy from Wal-greens?" I love how he says it. He stresses the "greens" part, as if to make sure I understand he wants to go to Wal-greens, not Wal-mart. :o) We got candy there one time when I stopped for something else, and now he thinks Walgreen's is the place for candy. Yes, of course we stopped for candy on the way home.

Aubrey and Camryn were happy to see us. Camryn is just on the verge of walking. She doesn't quite realize that she can do it yet, but she stands right up in the middle of the floor, and her balance is perfect. She is always smiling and crinkles her little nose. Aubrey is still a wild child, curious and into everything. They looked so cute today in matching pink onesies. Camryn is fast catching up in size with her "big" sister. :o)

Oh wow, I just heard thunder and looked outside and it was pouring rain. I had to hurry to let the puppies in and roll up the windows on my car. I was not expecting that, but we needed it, so I'm happy for the rain. Looks like it has already stopped, though.

Thank you all so much for your prayers, offerings and sacrifices for me. I am certain that I'm feeling so well and happy today because of them. May God bless you all!


Kalona said...

Thanks for sharing that info, Dawn. I don't know yet what they will suggest for Ron, but the mouth guard does sound a lot nicer than the cpap machine. Glad your husband found something that works!

Kalona said...

Well, I am such a klutz. I accidentally rejected Dawn's comment and blogger won't let me republish it, so I'll copy and paste it from the email. So sorry, Dawn!

Here is the comment from Dawn from early this morning:

Glad to hear that you had a lovely time with your grands! My husband also snores terribly. He slept worse with the cpap machine so they sent him to the dentist for a mouth gaurd. It pushes the lower jaw forward to keep the airway from being blocked. He hasn't snored since he brought it home. It has to be fitted so there are some dentist trips but much nicer than the cpap.

Linda said...

I love that Reese awoke wanting the music! I need to play chant for my children.