Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday With Reece

Reece stayed with me last night. He is one reason that Friday nights are my favorites. :o)

We had fun. He's still obsessed with Peter and the Wolf, wanting me to draw the characters and cut them out so he can act out the story with them. We spent a lot of time doing that, and when we went upstairs he didn't want to stop playing. I asked him if he wanted to take a bath, and he did, so he played in the tub for about half an hour.

When he got out he wanted to continue playing, but I was tired, so we made a deal. He could watch Peter and the Wolf one more time, then we would read two books, then we would turn off the lights and I would tell him a story. He agreed, and was really good about sticking to the agreement. I wound up telling him two stories after lights out because he was being so sweet. He wanted to hear the Three Billy Goats Gruff and Jack and the Beanstalk.

He enjoyed visiting his Great-Gran this morning, but had a meltdown when we left because he wanted to come home with me instead of going to his house. We got up at 7:30 AM, and I think he was just really tired and needed a nap. He calmed down on the way home, and said he wanted to go swimming. I told him maybe his mama would let him swim in their little pool, and when we got to his house he asked her if he could, and she said yes. That cheered him up right away. :o)

I was tired when I got home and needed a nap, too. I was napping on the couch when I thought I heard the doorbell ring. I couldn't figure out if it was on TV or was my doorbell. I got up and peeked around the corner and saw the figure of a lady on the porch through the glass entry door. I thought she had a bucket beside her on the porch. I put on my hat and went to answer the door. It was my friend K, who gave me the puppies, with her darling little baby boy in his car seat (what I thought was a bucket)! I was so delighted to see them. K had been shopping nearby and decided to run by for a little while. I've been longing to see and hold baby M. He was smiley and cuddly and sweet. What a nice surprise!

Josh came by this evening after work, and I went to the mall with him and to get gas in the truck. He is working on his own now that his training period is over, seems to like his job and is doing well. I don't get to see him quite as often now that he is working, and I miss him!

I went outside with Sister and Katy, cleaned leaves out of the pool and put in some chemicals, and watered the grass tonight. Then I went to the store. I just needed a couple of things, but since I felt okay I went ahead and did some grocery shopping for Mom.

It was 10 PM by the time I got all that done, then I talked to Ron on the phone for awhile. I think I'll sleep well tonight.

No comments: