Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And Waiting...

(More platelets). :o)

My white cell count is still too low for the stem cell harvest. Instead I had to have a platelet transfusion this morning.

They always give benedryl and tylenol as pre-meds before the transfusion, and then they won't let you go home without a driver because the benedryl makes you sleepy. So I called Kelly and she came and took responsibility for me. :o) By the time she got there I was alert and fine, so we just went to lunch, then I drove myself to Mom's without endangering the lives of any of my fellow drivers. (Thanks for lunch, Kel).

Maggie Cat attacked me last night. This is the third time she has scratched and bit my legs when she was startled. I'm beginning to think she knows when my immune system is compromised. Fortunately, each time I've been on antibiotics for something, so there's never been an infection. My doctor looked at my battle scarred leg and just shook his head. He will keep an eye on the scratches and told me to use a topical antibiotic on them.

I have to go back again tomorrow for more labs. I think the Neupogen may have started working this afternoon, as I feel a little achey and not quite right. The nurses said it's a good thing when my bones are aching, because that means the Neupogen is working and I'm making white cells like crazy. My doctor is guessing from my past history that Friday will be the big day. (For the stem cell harvest).

*later*
I had to leave earlier and go to Mom's because she couldn't find her keys. We searched high and low, in every nook and cranny, and I finally found them. Sometimes she hides things from herself. I fixed a frozen pepperoni pizza for her dinner and came on home, stopping on the way for puffy tacos for me. Yum!

When I got home, there was a police car with lights flashing in front of my house. My heart skipped a beat, but he was only giving a traffic ticket to some people in a truck.

No comments: