Monday, October 19, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

October 19, 2009

Outside my window...
a pretty morning, blue sky, 56° now, but will get up to 80 today. The common area across the street from our house is mowed, and Ron mowed our yard this weekend, so everything looks neat.

I am thinking...
about the day ahead.


I am thankful for...
people who are not afraid to tell the truth, particularly in politics and religion.

I am wearing...

pajama pants and a soft navy blue long sleeved tee shirt.

I am remembering...

old friends. My best friend in high school had a birthday yesterday. I always remember her birthday, but we've lost contact over the last few years.

I am going...
to Mom's, to drop off my water bill payment, to the pharmacy at BAMC, and to the library to return books.

I am reading...
nothing at the moment, but I''m going to the library. :o)

I am hoping...
to lose some weight.

On my mind...
I need to make appointments for Sister and Katy to be spayed. I dread it and keep putting it off.

From the learning rooms...
it's "good health" week. Reece and I will be talking about doctors and dentists, and doing some role playing and craft projects to learn about them. He absolutely hates going to the doctor. Maybe this week will help.

Noticing that...
Bath and Body Works has their Wallflowers and 4 ounce candles on sale. Mom and I like to stock up when they are on sale.

Pondering these words...
"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." St. Francis de Sales

I printed that off a couple of weeks ago and put it on the bulletin board above my computer screen. If I could only remember those words when things get stressful!

From the kitchen...
Cheerios for breakfast. Short ribs in barbecue sauce in the slow cooker for dinner, along with baked sweet potatoes and some broccoli.

Around the house...
sheets and towels in the laundry basket, dishwasher to unload, floors to be swept or vacuumed. It never ends.

One of my favorite things...
microfiber towels. You don't need cleaning solution--just wet them, wring them out really well, and clean your mirrors, windows and patio doors.

From my picture album...










These were growing against the tree in the backyard. I can almost hear the Fantasia music now. :o)





















Oops, I forgot to leave the link to Peggy's site. She hosts The Simple Woman's Daybook. Go visit her site to read the daybooks of other bloggers. It's fun! You can join in, too.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ahhh!!! I love those cute mushrooms! (^-^)

Kalona said...

Me too! :o)

dtbrents said...

We've had mushrooms growing in the yard since we've had so much rain. I always get frantic this time of year to lose those extra pounds. Holiday pictures are coming soon. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene