Monday, October 5, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, October 5, 2009

Outside my window...
It's a hazy, humid sort of day. The sky is gray, but bright. We've had rain, so everything is green again. You can't tell that we were in a serious drought.

I am thinking...
scattered thoughts.


I am thankful...
for the silence and peace in my house right now.

From the kitchen...
Ron is away again, and both fridge and pantry are pretty bare. I stopped on my way home from Mom's and got a fajita steak cabana bowl from Taco Cabana for my lunch. $4.33 I probably won't be hungry again until tonight, when I'll just have a snack.

I am wearing...
blue denim capris, blue print tee shirt with three quarter sleeves, bare feet.

I am creating...
I'm putting off finishing several projects. Why do I do that?

I am going...
to buy a new filter for my vacuum cleaner and to the grocery store. I have been to the airport, the thrift store, Mom's, Walgreens and Taco Cabana.

I am hearing...
the hum of my computer and the AC.

Around the house...
dirty carpet because the vacuum cleaner isn't working. I hope the new filter will do the trick!

One of my favorite things...
bargains. I'll show you my thrift store purchases later.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Other than Mom's appointment with the dentist to pick up her partial tomorrow, it's a fairly quiet week. Reece will be here Tuesday night, and we'll probably go to story hour at the library again Wednesday morning. He and Aubrey will be here Friday night. Ron will be home on Thursday. I'll be cleaning house, doing laundry, picking up dog poop, cleaning the litter box (my days are filled with excrement), and working in my craft room/office.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Alpine slopes in Texas?
















Please visit Peggy's site to read the daybooks of other bloggers.

1 comment:

Linda said...

oh so many projects I am putting off as well!