Sunday, October 11, 2009

October Weekend

We had a nice relaxing weekend. Reece and Aubrey spent the night Friday, and I took them with me to see their Great Gran Saturday morning.

We saw them again that afternoon when Josh brought the whole family over. They brought baby back ribs to grill, and I made rice and broccoli. Everything was delicious, and it was fun to spend time with all of them.

The weather has been cold for our part of the country. I turned on the heat for the first time a couple of days ago when the temp was in the 50s. Today it was gray and rainy all day, and cold again.

Today Ron, Mom and I went to Mass and then to Luby's for lunch. You know you're getting old when you want to go to Luby's on Sunday. :o) There's a place called Frank's just off the highway in Schulenburg. We used to stop to eat there quite a bit going to or from Houston. One day when we were there our son Josh was with us. He was a teenager at the time. He looked around and said, "This place looks like an old folk's home." :o) It was so funny because it was true! Lots of senior citizens were eating there, and hardly any young people. Luby's on Sunday has that same atmosphere. But the food is pretty good.

I spent the rest of the day watching a Criminal Minds marathon and working with the puppies. We left them outside when we went to Mass, and when we came home there was stuffing from the outdoor cushions all around the pool. We had to move the cushions on the patio furniture because they were tearing them up, but they had never bothered the cushions on the furniture out by the pool until today. When I went outside to pick up the mess, they followed me around with their ears drooping down because they knew they had done something naughty.

They're doing great with their training sessions. I love to watch them doing everything together. They are so cute! They sit, come, and stay (most of the time), and are getting better about lying down when I give them the "down" command. Ron was watching me with them today, and once I told them to stay, then turned and walked away, thinking they were obeying. He said they were slinking along behind me, and as soon as I turned around they crouched down as if they knew they were caught in the act. They are little rascals.

2 comments:

MentalMom said...

Be careful or they'll be doing this someday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xO3xhk52GM

Kalona said...

Ha! Wish I had a pool like that. I bet Sister would be sliding down that slide, too. :o)