Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Delightful Day

Reece and I slept in this morning. I woke up and just lay in bed looking at Reece's sweet face, but we got up when Kelly called to say she was on her way over, bringing Darcy and Banzai with her.

It has been awhile since we got all four dogs together, and my puppies are quite a bit bigger now than they were the last time, so I wasn't sure how well the "big dogs" would tolerate them. When they were little puppies, Darcy and Banzai were very patient and sweet with them.

I need not have worried, for Darcy and Banzai are just the best dogs ever! Even though the puppies were crazy with excitement, the big dogs were just as sweet and patient as ever. Banzai, the only male in "the pack" was definitely the dominant top dog. A little growl from him and my pups were as docile and submissive as they could be. After the excitement of greeting the visitors, the puppies calmed down and the four of them played well together.

Reece was so happy to have his Aunt Kelly here to play with him. She went with us to visit Gran, who was surprised and delighted to see Kel.

We took Reece home around 1 PM, and Aubrey and Camryn were so cute and happy to see us. I took some pictures of them, but the lighting was bad. I can't seem to figure out how to take good pictures with my flash, so none of them turned out very good. But the one at the top of the post is cute, even with the weird shadows and lighting.

Kelly took me to lunch at Chuy's, where we both had the Wednesday special--cheesy chicken stuffed avocado, breaded with panko, and deep fried. Oh. my. goodness! It was served with Mexican fried rice, refried beans and a little bit of salad (lettuce, cilantro, pico de gallo). This was after we had already downed a basket of their crispy, thin corn chips with salsa. Yummy!

After lunch we went to Garden Ridge, which is not what it used to be, but we still found some great bargains! We both got patio umbrellas for $2.99. Yes, $2.99! They were selling them for 90% off. They aren't the best quality, but for that price they will work! Kelly also bought a bunch of tiki torches for $1.39 each (also 90% off). We got some pretty fleece blankets for $2.99. You can never have too many fleece blankets--lightweight, soft and cozy. My grandkids love them (so do I). I'm going to use two of them for puppy blankets. Bargains are so much fun!

By then it was 5 PM, and Kelly didn't want to drive home in rush hour traffic, so we came back to my house and I showed her the pictures of the wedding from my computer photo album and we played with the dogs. Ron brought home fast food for dinner (I was still stuffed from lunch but ate it anyway, like a piggy) and we watched some CSI while we ate. Kel left around 7 PM.

It was a really fun day.

1 comment:

Therese said...

the girls look gorgeous in their matching dresses Kalona.