Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Spouse

I needed something lighthearted this morning. Saw this meme at Therese's blog and it's just the thing.

♥ What are your middle names?
Kay and Drue.

♥ How long have you been together?
40+ years.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Five months.

♥ Who asked who out?
Ron asked me out.

♥ How old are each of you?
We are old farts.


♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
Mine.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Three, two sons and a daughter.

♥ What about pets?
Right now we have two dogs and a cat.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Being apart when Ron is traveling for his job.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
Different high schools, same college.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
Yes.

♥ Who is the smartest?
Ron.

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Me.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Probably Jim's.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
I do.

♥ Who does the cooking?
I do. He does the grilling, though.

♥ Who is more social?
Ron.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Neither of us, we're both messy.

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
Me.

♥ Who hogs the bed?
Neither, but he steals the covers.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Ron.

♥Where was your first date?
Shakey's Pizza Parlor. It was cold, and we sat by the fireplace and talked for hours. When he took me home he charmed my family, had them laughing the whole time.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
I do.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
No, just now and then.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Usually our kids and grandkids come to our house. Sometimes other relatives, too.

♥ Who is more jealous?
Neither, after 40 years we know each other too well to be jealous.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
Hmm. Six months?

♥ Who eats more?
Ron.

♥ Who does the laundry?
I do mine and the sheets, towels, etc., but Ron washes his own clothes. (He irons them, too, if they need it).

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Ron.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
Usually Ron.

Let me know if you do this meme. I'd like to read your answers. :o)

2 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I really liked this. I love a long marriage!!

Therese said...

I think all men need flower giving lessons.

Thanks for playing along Kalona. I enjoyed reading your answers.