Monday, October 12, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, October 12, 2009

Outside my window...
It's nighttime, so it's dark outside my window, and 69° outside.

I am thinking...
that it feels more like Sunday night than Monday, since Ron was home from work today and will go back to work tomorrow.

I am thankful...
for our home.

From the kitchen...
I made a pot of beans for supper tonight, served them over rice left over from yesterday. They're navy beans, cooked all day in chicken broth with some onion, then browned hamburger, a can of Rotel, and some Cajun seasoning added about thirty minutes before serving.

I am wearing...
jeans and a maroon colored tee shirt, bare feet.

I am creating...
a Christmas list. I can hardly believe that we're nearly halfway through October. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before we know it!

I am going...
tomorrow I'll take Mom back to the dentist so that he can check her extraction site to make sure it's healed properly. He will probably take new impressions for another partial, since this new one sits too high.

I am hearing...
the TV from our bedroom. Ron has gone to bed, but is watching Fox News or something. The puppies moving around now and then in their crate.

Around the house...
the new filter for my vacuum cleaner arrived on Friday (I wound up having to order it), so the downstairs carpets are neat and clean. I got an Ethan Allen round oak table and four chairs from Freecycle today. The table needs a little work, but I thought Kelly could use it in her dining area if she likes it. If she doesn't want it, I'll probably just freecycle it again.

One of my favorite things...
the puppies shiny, curly black coats.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Mom's dentist tomorrow, BAMC pharmacy in the afternoon to pick up yet another bottle of Synthroid (the doctor changed my dosage again--still too high). Reece will spend the night Tuesday. Kelly, Darcy and Banzai are coming over on Wednesday. Kelly will go with me and Reece to visit Mom. Wednesday evening I'll go to the Latin Mass class at church.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Yesterday Father Damien of Molokai was one of five new saints canonized by Pope Benedict XVI. He is Hawaii's first saint. Here is a CNN article about his canonization.

Saint Damien, please pray for us!











Please visit Peggy's site to read more daybook entries.

No comments: