Friday, October 16, 2009

A Puppy Post

It's a beautiful day here today. There are millions of brown bull-nose butterflies flying all over the city. Driving through them reminds me of driving through big flakes of snow. Only they're brown. And butterflies. And not cold. Never mind.

Mom and I went to the grocery store. Neither of us enjoys grocery shopping, so we put it off as long as possible, until she is out of basics like coffee, bread and toilet paper.



First we stopped to fortify ourselves at a Jimmy John's sandwich shop. Then halfway through the shopping list Mom started feeling bad, so I found a bench and she sat down while I finished. Please pray that she is not coming down with the flu! It was a relief to get the grocery shopping done.

I came home and went out to see the puppies. They were being sweet.



I took some pictures of them. That's Sister on the left, Katy on the right.

Ron came home early from work. He was throwing stuff for them to fetch.







They play so hard and would continue to chase after things as long as someone will throw them. It's their favorite game.










I love it when they both run back together with a toy or stick in their mouths. Josh says they look like Siamese twins when they do that. :o)








I couldn't leave out Maggie Cat. She was lying on my bed looking like a puddle of fur. She did not appreciate having my camera in her face. :o)

Reece and Aubrey will be here soon. They are both spending the night. Fun!




6 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I love how often you are with your mum and so helpful to her. I pray she stays well, as well as you!

THose grandkids are too cute for words. I love that y'all have a great, close relationship. Have fun!!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Sarah, especially for the prayers. I stopped on the way to Mom's place today and picked up a thermometer, some Sprite and chicken noodle soup. She was still feeling some nausea, but I don't think it's the flu. Her temp was normal and she has no body aches. Perhaps it's a reaction to a new med she started last week.

My grands are a blessing! I thank God for them every day. :o)

Rosemary said...

Prayers that your mom is not getting the flu. What cute puppies! What kind? )And thanks for your prayers for Zach.)

Kalona said...

Thank you for the prayers for my mom, Rosemary!

The puppies are part golden retriever and part black lab (we think). Their mom was definitely a golden, as she was with them when they were found alongside a country road. One of them has a reddish cast to her ears, so there may be some irish setter in the mix, too. :o) They are very sweet dogs.

You are very welcome for the prayers for Zach. Young people are amazing in the way they can heal from injuries. I'm praying that his hand heals completely on its own, and that he can resume all of his activities.

MentalMom said...

They've grown into such pretty girls!!! I need to stop by next time I'm up your way. A matter of fact we may go to Retama Park tomorrow night!!
Katy always has that tongue hanging out doesn't she :D

Kalona said...

K, yes, Katy does always have her tongue out. She's a little clown. :o)

I'd love for you to stop by, but Sister will still be at the vets for awhile longer. Why don't we plan for you and the kids to come one afternoon for lunch and puppy time when Sis is well again?

Hugs!