Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Two Of My Favorite Guys

Pope Benedict declared last month that from June 2009 until June 2010 will be the Year of the Priest, and that my dear patron saint for 2009, St. Jean Vianney, will be not only the patron saint of parish priests, but now the patron saint of all priests. How cool is that!

I've had a quiet afternoon at home, paying more bills, making appointments, and reading.

Reece was here last night, making me laugh every few minutes. He loves his play-doh, and pointed out the printing on the box the little tubs came in. He said, "P is for Play-doh!" :o)

He has been totally fascinated by Humpty Dumpty the past few days, and sounds so cute repeating the nursery rhyme. Everything reminds him of Humpty Dumpty--walls, eggs, broken pieces of anything. He likes to look at the picture in the vintage Mother Goose book; Humpty looks terrified as he is about to fall off the wall.

I got Reece some nesting blocks at Tuesday Morning. They have numbers on one side, letters on another, a nursery rhyme on one, and a picture of the nursery rhyme on the opposite side. One of the blocks has--you guessed it--Humpty Dumpty! The exact picture from the vintage Mother Goose. He carried it around everywhere with him last night.

He loves to sing, and lately wants me to sing Little Red Caboose whenever we are driving. "Wittle Wed 'boose, G'ma!" We went for another walk around the block, me trailing after him as he pointed to this and that, wanting to know "What's dat?" I'm crazy about him. (Could you tell)? :o)

We are having the kind of weather where the heat is on at night, and the AC during the day. Oak pollen is heavy in the air, and everywhere you go people are coughing and sneezing. Including me. :o\

No comments: