Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sherry Nutmeg Pound Cake

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1/4 C oil
2 t nutmeg
3/4 C cream sherry or dry sherry wine
4 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350° and grease and flour bundt or angel food cake pan. Blend all ingredients except eggs in mixing bowl. Add the 4 eggs separately, beating 1 minute after each addition at medium speed. Pour batter into pan and bake for approx. 1 hour. Dust with powdered sugar or glaze lightly, if desired.

(Adapted from a recipe from Cooks.com. )

The cake we bought at the church bake sale had powdered sugar on top, like the one in the picture. It was moist and very tasty.

4 comments:

X said...

Oh my! I can't wait for Lent to be over so I can try this!

Kalona said...

I think you'll like it, Angela. I should have given up sweets for Lent, too.

Adrienne said...

OK - I'm making this for Easter!! Thanks

Kalona said...

Adrienne, you're welcome. Let us know how it turns out.