Monday, April 6, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, April 6, 2009

Outside my window...
overcast skies, but the day is bright, cold (63°) and a bit windy.

I am thinking...
of all the "business" type items I need to take care of--finish paying bills, a letter to Mom's insurance company, a trip to the post office, a call to make a vet appointment for Teddy.

I am thankful...
for a quick mind and a (mostly) able body.

From the kitchen...
strawberries that need to be eaten today. I think I'll make shortcakes for dessert tonight.

I am wearing...
jeans, short sleeved black smock top, black socks.

I am creating...
palm crosses. :o)

I am going...
I've already been. To Adoration with Mom, lunch at EZs (we had little pizzas and salad), back to her place where I taught her how to make palm crosses, and a stop at Walgreens to leave her prescriptons.

I am hoping...
that Mom's insurance company will pay for the prescription they refused to cover when they get my letter.

I am hearing...
the sound of traffic on the freeway. We're only a few blocks from a major highway. We don't notice the sound much unless the wind is from the north, as it is today.

Around the house...
some laundry to fold and put away, Maggie asleep on a suitcase Ron never put away, a yellow/pink peace rose in a vase on my desk that Ron brought me yesterday from the back yard.

One of my favorite things...
the Rosary.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
clean the house and patio thoroughly as we'll have company for Easter, get candy and goodies to fill the eggs I got for the Grands, make Easter cookies, buy the ham and other food for our Easter feast, Mass on Spy Wednesday, Mass on Good Friday, and Mass on Easter Sunday (all Latin). :o) Oh, and the Tenebrae service at our old church Thursday night, if they are still having it.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing.




My palm crosses in a bowl in the sunlight on the chest in my family room. :o)








Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to read other daybooks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for passing by my blog and for your prayers.
May God bless you always.
br.freddie