Sunday, April 19, 2009

For The Sake Of His Sorrowful Passion...

...have mercy on us and on the whole world.

We went to Low Mass with Father Schorp today. We stopped and picked up hamburgers for lunch and took them back to Mom's. Ron is going out of town tomorrow, and wanted to get home so that he can finish some yard work and woodworking before he leaves.

Today is Divine Mercy Sunday. The Divine Mercy has long been one of my favorite devotions, and I had a page devoted to it on my old website. It has become popular and well-known now, which is a blessing. I pray that when I am on my death bed, my loved ones will remember to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet for me.

Our Lord said to Saint Faustina:

Encourage souls to say the Chaplet which I have given you ... Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death ... When they say this chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between my Father and the dying person, not as the Just Judge but as the Merciful Savior ... Priests will recommend it to sinners as their last home of salvation. Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this chaplet only once, he would receive grace from my infinite mercy. I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy ... Through the Chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will.

Today there is a plenary indulgence for praying the Our Father and the Nicene Creed before the Blessed Sacrament or an image of Jesus of the Divine Mercy, so after Mass Father Schorp had us all kneel to pray the prayers before both the Blessed Sacrament in the Tabernacle, and the image which was in front of the church. My intention was for my father, who died of leukemia in 1992.

There was to be a procession, exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, an hour of devotion and another Mass at 3 PM today. We didn't stay for that, but I'm so glad that our church had it available.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: