Friday, April 3, 2009

Sisterhood Award

JoAnn at The Creamer Chronicles gave me this really nice award.

Here is what she wrote on her blog about me:

Kalona, a beautiful example of a Christian woman. She tirelessly takes care of everyone around her and I love reading about her days. She even homeschools her grandchildren (who are absolutely adorable!) She is a wonderful inspiration!

Aww, that is so kind. Thank you, JoAnn!

I would like to give the award to Linda at Don't Poke The Baby, Angela at Where Angels Go and Sarah at Ora And Labora-Journey Of Truth. I admire all three of them for the way they share their lives and their Catholic faith with their readers, never afraid to speak out against wrong and speak up for truth.

Linda, a lovely young mom of six, is also a photographer who volunteers with the organization, Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS). She is there during one of the most intimate and heartbreaking times of a parent's life--when they lose their newborn baby. Many parents want photographs in memory of their precious little one, and call on NILMDTS. I can't imagine the love and sensitivity one must possess to take those precious photographs.

Angela is a fellow Catholic convert who shares her Catholic life with her readers, taking us with her on her journey. You never know what you will find on her blog. It might be posts about what is happening at work, what she is doing at her church, pictures of a trip or her environment, a recipe, or it might be a video of her showing us her sacramentals. :o) We have a lot in common. Love her!

Sarah is a funny, real, down-to-earth Catholic mom and military wife. I enjoy reading her blog because so much of her life reminds me of mine when my kids were younger and my husband was still on active duty. She never seems to lose her sense of humor, no matter what is going on in her busy life. She makes me smile.

And those are just three of my blogging "sisters." Go visit their blogs. :o)

No comments: