Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Perfect Palm Sunday

Mass was so beautiful today. It was a low Mass with Father Schorp, who did everything "by the book." :o) We even had a procession outside with our palm leaves. I love, love, love being Catholic, especially during Holy Week. Everything we do at Mass during this week brings us deeply into the Passion with Jesus, and makes us love Him more for what he endured for us. I feel blessed.

After Mass we went back to Mom's for lunch. She had some heat and eat chicken chili in her freezer that we put into her fridge yesterday to thaw. This morning I put it in her crockpot, and by the time we got back to her place after Mass, it was ready to eat.

The ladies of the parish were having a bake sale, and we bought a pound cake for dessert that was out of this world. I looked on-line for a recipe when I got home, and found one that seems like what we bought, judging from the ingredient list. I'll put the recipe in another post.

I stayed at Mom's while Ron came home to change clothes and get his ladder, drill and drill bits. When he got back, he installed four hooks for Mom's neighbor so that she can hang her ferns on her patio. She had hooks, but they had been put into the drywall ceiling, and she wanted them in the wood. It only took him a few minutes, and she was so happy. :o)

Mom took Teddy for a walk while I unloaded and reloaded her dishwasher, cleaned her countertop and made her coffee for tomorrow. We played with Teddy when she got back, and tried to brush him, but he wouldn't sit still for long. He's still very puppy-like, and loves to play and romp around. He makes her so happy. Mom likes to leave her back door to the patio open now, so that he can go in and out as he likes. We don't have to worry about him escaping through the bars now that we have the wire fencing up. He is safe, and loves to be out there.

It was after 4 PM when we got home, but it was a nice afternoon.

Now Ron is replacing the headlight bulb on my car. I noticed the low beam wasn't working a few nights ago. He went to get a new one and it was the wrong one, so now he has to go back to Auto Zone. Uh oh. He's :o(

4 comments:

X said...

I love hearing about your day!

Kalona said...

Thanks, Angela! Sometimes I think I'm the most boring blogger on the 'net, but I enjoy my internet "journal." :o)

Linda said...

Sounds like a very nice day. Please let me know what church you attend, as I would like to visit it when I visit San Antonio. I'll be there again soon.

Kalona said...

Linda, if you will post a comment with your email address, it will go to my in-box but I won't publish it. Then I can email you the info about my church privately. The emails that come from Blogger (comments) are no-reply addresses, I guess. Thanks!