Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Busy!

It's a busy week.

Monday after Adoration I had my first physical therapy appointment for my frozen shoulder. I was a little apprehensive since moving my arm certain ways causes intense pain, but the session went very well with not much pain. In fact, most of it made my shoulder feel better; especially the last 10 minutes when the therapist put some kind of electrical current thing on my shoulder, then put a heat pad over it. It felt wonderful!

I'll be going 3 times a week for the next month. The therapist believes that a month of PT will have me back to normal. From his mouth to God's ear. † He gave me some exercises to do at home to improve my range of motion.

Today I went to Mom's, stopped to get some lunch, then went to watch the grandbabies at their house while their mommy had a doctor appointment. They were so sweet. Aubrey smiles and smiles, watching every move Reece and I make. She fell asleep in my arms just before her daddy got home from work. Reece was an angel, too. I brought him home with me to spend the night. He loves being outside. We played in the yard while Papa grilled bulgogi for dinner. We had it with rice and broccoli Normandy (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower), and Reece ate everything. He was ready to eat. He has always loved vegetables.

Tomorrow I'll take him with me to see his Great Gran. She has a dentist appointment at 12:30, so we'll drop him off at home on the way to that. I have PT again at 2 PM until about 3. Then I'll be at the Tea Party at Alamo Plaza at 4 PM. So another jam packed day.

I'd better get some sleep.

2 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

Glad to hear your therapy is doing some good! Precious pictures of R. I really love that last one!

Kalona said...

Thanks, JoAnn. Today will be day 3 of the therapy, and I'm already tired of going. But I will, I will! My therapist said the manipulation he does of my shoulder joint is helping the most, even though the exercises are important. I love that picture of Reece, too. It's so typical of him. :o)