Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fun Friday

Friday was a gorgeous day, and a very pleasant one. After I left Mom's around noon, I met my friend Debbie for lunch at the English tearoom in Bracken Village. It used to be called Bawdsey Manor, and was run by two English sisters who married American military men. But it closed last year, and is now under new ownership. It's now British Sensations.

The Village is a charming little place. The man who owns it buys old houses and other buildings and brings them to the site, fixes them up and rents them out to businesses. I hope it makes it. There have been lots of businesses come and go since it opened, and things seem pretty slow there right now. The shops are the kinds of places ladies like--shops with handmade jewelry, antiques, knickknacks and pretty things for home and garden.

It's always fun to see Deb and catch up with what is going on in her life. We met a few years ago at the Divine Mercy hour at the church we both attended. Since then we've both moved to different churches, but still manage to get together now and then to eat and chat. She's a love.

Josh and Cyrise's anniversary was Wednesday, but they are celebrating it this weekend. They went out to dinner Friday night, and brought the kids to us to spend the night. Reece wanted to play outside, so we went out for awhile before it got dark. I took Aubrey's exersaucer out, and she loved looking around and feeling the wind. I blew bubbles for Reece to catch, and she liked those, too. :o) We came in and had catfish for dinner, then we played on the floor with blocks and watched Blue's Clues. It's fun to watch them interact--Reece loves to make Aubrey laugh.

This is only the second time Aubrey has stayed overnight. She was fine until bedtime. While I was putting Reece to bed, Ron held her and gave her a bottle. Then she got fussy, and was crying when I came out, but settled right down when I took her. I held her while I read my emails, rocking her and snuggling, and she went to sleep. Ron is sleeping with Reece in one room, and I'll join Aubrey in our room soon. She looks like a little angel asleep on my bed.

No comments: