Thursday, April 23, 2009

ChitChat

How was your day?

I picked up my new prescription sunglasses on my way to Mom's this morning. (That's them in the pic--you can find everything on the internet). I was supposed to get eyeglasses, too, but they had to send them back to the lab because there was a flaw in one of the lenses. I've worn contact lenses for 40 years, but had to abandon them last year when my eyes got too dry to wear them comfortably. I really miss being able to wear them, but c'est la vie. The sunglasses, though, are amazing! Wearing them reminded me of when I was in eighth grade and got glasses for the first time. My whole world changed; I could see!

This afternoon I stayed with Reece and Aubrey while their parents went to the OB again, this time for an ultrasound and to get the lab results. Everything went well; Cyrise's blood pressure was normal and her labs were normal, as well. Thank you for your prayers! They couldn't get a good look at Baby, but she's moving around and her heartbeat is good.

I didn't sleep well last night, so when I got home I fell asleep on the couch watching the news. Had beans and rice for dinner and talked to Ron for awhile. He will be home from Colorado tomorrow.

Now I'm in my PJs ready to surf the web and catch up with what's going on in the world. Every day there is some new stupidity from Washington DC and I wonder why I look. Ron says it's amateur hour at the White House, and I agree.

No comments: