Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wow.

Reece and I watched the Republican convention last night. When Sarah Palin came on stage to deliver her acceptance speech, I told him, "Watch Baby, we are seeing history in the making." He did watch, liking all the applause, hat waving and sign raising, but he fell asleep on my lap halfway through her speech. :o)

I don't imagine too many other people in America fell asleep watching her speech, though. I thought she was incredible; totally poised and in control. To me, she comes across as very natural and honest. After all the media has put her and her family through this past week, I wasn't sure how she would do, but I need not have worried. She is one tough cookie. Funny, too.

I've been reading responses to her speech on-line, and see that a lot of Democrats also like her. What I'd say to them is that if you agree with the Republican party platform, you are under no obligation to vote for a Democrat. Just because you've been a Democrat all your life, your parents, grandparents all the way back were Democrats, doesn't mean that you can't vote another way. I know, because I was raised in a family of forever Democrats. My dad would probably never have voted for a Republican, no matter what. I haven't been a Dem since Jimmy Carter, though.

I think you have to vote for the candidates who most share your values. If you are pro-life, you won't vote for a candidate who advocates abortion or leaving a child who is born alive to die, even if that candidate belongs to "your" party. Here again is the chart comparing the two candidates on the main issues. Please know where your candidate stands on important issues before casting your vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is about to become a wild ride!

Looks as if Oprah has shot herself in her foot by refusing Shotgun Sarah an interview on her infamous show. The Drive By Media is beside themselves with frustration and the chosen one looks like he might have chosen the wrong VP running mate. He just might need the Hillary votes after all!! What ?? No Hill there when he really needs her? Oh, she finds she may not have the time to help him. Too busy helping her Dem Senate pals getting ready for re-election ya' see.

Shotgun Sarah is a breath of fresh air. One who owns her convictions and unashamed of what she represents. I've not been this proud of the Conservatives since that speech of President Ronald R way back when. He actally brought tears to my eyes and once again gave me pride to be an American. Sarah does the same and for that I thank her ten-fold

Happy dance time~~ Jump jump Go Sarah Go Sarah Go Sarah gooooo!!!

Iris Lover