Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bad Pictures, Brownies and Weevils

Our son and his family are still with us. Our daughter-in-law talked with her sister today, and she said that food and gas are in short supply in the Houston area, although the power in Jason's neighborhood has been restored. I'm glad they aren't rushing back. They have everything they need here, and of course I love having them here. Jason works from home and has his computer with him, so he doesn't have to get back to go to work. School was supposed to start again on Thursday, but it may not, and it won't hurt the kids to miss a couple of days anyway.

So they are settled in. Reece spent the night with us last night, and he and Lily went with me to visit their Great-Gran this morning. They had fun walking Chuy and playing at Gran's apartment. We dropped Reece off at his house on the way home. The kids played in the pool most of the afternoon, and have been playing video games together this evening.

We discovered weevils in a box of corn starch in my pantry yesterday, so I spent some time this evening throwing out everything in boxes and scrubbing down the shelves with soapy bleach water. I threw away two bags of stuff, and my pantry looks great. I hope I got rid of all the weevils!

When I finished with the pantry the kids wanted to make brownies, so we did that. Goodness a pan of brownies goes fast when there are four kids and three adults to eat them! :o)

The picture of Jacob above isn't a very good one. I can't seem to figure out how to use my new Kodak digital camera correctly--I miss my Fuji that was stolen. Anyway, despite the darkness I love the picture of Jakie. Doesn't he have the most adorable face? :o) (Click on the pictures to see them better).

While I was cleaning the pantry I found some old cookbooks for kids, and the older three enjoyed looking through them. Lily said that she wishes she could read so that she could read the recipes like Caelen and Ahlyssa. Maybe tomorrow we will pick out one of the recipes for them to make.

No comments: