Friday, September 26, 2008

An Autumn Meme

I saw this on A Catholic Mom In Hawaii.

Fall Meme

When does fall begin for you?
After Labor Day. It still feels like summer here in Texas, but there's a little undercurrent that tells me colder weather is on the way.

What is your favorite aspect of fall?
Cooler weather.

What is your favorite fall memory?
A trip to Virginia in early November one year when Ron was there for several months attending a class. The leaves were beautiful colors, the air was crisp, and we had fun sightseeing. I was only there for a week, and it was fun to be with him.

What do you like to drink in the fall?
Earl Grey tea with honey.

What’s your favorite fall food?
Apple pie with cinnamon ice cream.

What is fall weather like where you live?
Still hot through September, and warm after that. It doesn't really get cold here until January. We sometimes have the heat on at night, and the AC on during the day.

What color is fall?
Sky blue, green, gold, red and orange. We have to drive to Lost Maples State Park to see really pretty fall leaves, though.

What does fall smell like?
Wood smoke.

Holiday shopping in fall?
I always say I'll have my shopping done by the end of October, but it doesn't happen. Maybe this year. :o) I do have a few things already.

If you could go anywhere in the fall, where would you go?
New England.

What is your favorite fall sport?
Hmm, I'm not into sports much, but I guess baseball during the World Series.

Do you have a favorite fall chore?
I like to bake when the weather gets cooler, but I don't think of that as a chore. So no, no favorite chore.

What is your least favorite thing about fall?
The end of summer. I love summer, and fall always makes me feel a little melancholy.

What is your favorite fall holiday?
Thanksgiving.

What’s your favorite kind of pie?
Cherry.

Which do you prefer, the Farm or the Fair?
I like both. Farms for the produce, the fair for fun.

Do you have a favorite fall book?
No.

How about a favorite fall poem or quote?

The morns are meeker than they were --
The nuts are getting brown --
The berry's cheek is plumper --
The Rose is out of town.

The Maple wears a gayer scarf --
The field a scarlet gown --
Lest I should be old fashioned
I'll put a trinket on.

By Emily Dickinson

No comments: