Monday, September 8, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
There's a noisy street crew sealing the street beside my house. They've been working on the streets for weeks, and not doing a very good job. There is clanging, beeping, engine sounds, hammering.

I am thinking...
that I need to get off the computer and get to Mom's. We have Adoration today. I called her this morning to remind her, and I think I woke her up. (I started this earlier, and we went to the church for Adoration, but the chapel and church were closed because they are installing new AC units. Even the parking lot was closed and full of big cranes and equipment).

I am thankful for...
the fact that the AC in my car started working again. After Mass yesterday it wouldn't come on. Mom and I stopped to eat lunch and it was working again when we got back in the car. You don't want to live in South Texas in the summer without air conditioning.

From the kitchen...
Granny Smith apples in a bowl on the counter waiting to be made into a pie, and fresh nectarines...yum!

I am wearing...
khakis, a sleeveless tropical print top (tans, browns, greens, coral) and bare feet. Got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago, so no ponytail today, just a bob.

I am creating...
a charm bracelet. Well, I bought the charms and they are on my craft table. :o) The charms are a church with a steeple, Mary, an angel, a crown, a tiny heart and the word Love, a Christian fish symbol, a crucifix and a heart with a cross in it. The chain I have for the bracelet is sterling silver, but the charms are pewter. I need to get a pewter chain. I'll have a mix of charms and beads. Haven't decided bead color yet.

I am going...
to take Cyrise to the doctor this afternoon to have the stitches taken out where they removed the pins and stuff from her ankle.

I am reading...
All I've read lately is Green Eggs And Ham and Thomas And Percy And The Dragon. Oh and course, Where The Wild Things Are. :o)

I am hoping...
that Ron will get to come home from Florida sooner than the 19th.

I am hearing...
the hum of the AC and the street crew.

Around the house...
messy kitchen and laundry to be done.

One of my favorite things...
church bells, incense and Gregorian chant. Oh wait, that's three things.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
To declutter my bedroom, rearrange and make it look pretty.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

















Visit A Simple Woman to see the guidelines for your daybook.

No comments: