Friday, September 5, 2008

John McCain

I thought Senator McCain's acceptance speech was good. I felt like I knew him better after the speech, and I like him better. I especially liked the end of the speech, when he told about being imprisoned in Hanoi and how that horrible experience changed him and made him a better man. I believe him. I was going to vote for him anyway, but his choice of Sarah Palin for VP and his acceptance speech last night strengthened my decision.

And I laughed out loud when the crowd was chanting USA to cover the shenanigans of the protestors, and Mr. McCain said, "Friends, don't be distracted by the ground clutter and static." :o)

Regarding Governor Palin, I've been reading articles and blogs from women on both sides of the political spectrum who believe that she should not have agreed to run for the vice-presidency because she should be home with her children. My opinion (as a stay-at-home mom for many years) is that if Sarah Palin and her husband and children believe that she can be a good mother and a good VP at the same time, it's not my place to say that she can't. She is an intelligent woman who knows her own mind and heart, she's energetic and focused, and her husband seems to be standing firmly behind her and willing to help. So I say, you go Sarah!

1 comment:

Therese said...

I agree with you Kalona about Sarah. We really don't have the right to judge if Sarah is doing something wrong or not. I believe that she and Todd would have discussed the implications for her being vp and made the best decision for their family.